What are Lions?
Women and men of any race, color, creed or occupation. All are welcome.
- A group dedicated to community improvement and personal development.
- A stimulus to community spirit.
- A group that will readily accept the challenge of difficult community projects.
- World's largest service organization... over 1.4 million members.
- International scope--members in 180 countries.
- Recognized as an organization, which develops community leaders as an organization, which develops community leaders through constructive action.
The Lions are not:
- A Chamber of Commerce (although they may work together).
- A political organization.
- Restricted on types of projects, nor required to conduct specific ones.
- An eat, meet, and go home club.
- A business group, a fraternity, or special interest group for any selfish motive.
What do you get from being a Lion?
- Association with people in your community.
- New friends and social contacts.
- Activities throughout the year.
- Leadership development through active participation in projects of your choice.
- The opportunity to improve your community.
- Knowledge of public affairs and community problems.
- A chance to be a leader in your community.
- Informal management programs, teaching you how to successfully work with others, to accomplish any project.
- Practical knowledge of parliamentary procedure, budgets, and public relations.
- Self satisfaction - the greatest reward of all.